1) There will be a short networking session before the meeting starts. This is a great opportunity to meet your fellow members. A volunteer will greet you at the door. We will take a moment to check you in and collect your $100 ($25 for youth) donation for the evening whether that be cash, cheque(made out to 100+ Women Who Care Hanna) or e-transfer (email@example.com – Your security password is your last name, all lower case, no spaces or characters). Once the donation has been collected, you will receive a voting ballot.
Come for as long or as little as you would like. The meeting starts promptly at 7:00 pm and ends on or before 8:00 pm. If you are interested in ordering a drink, please arrive as early as 6:40 pm. Registration and acceptance of donations will begin no later than 6:45 pm.
2) The meeting starts with the big reveal! We share the three selected non-profits with the membership – all of which have been nominated by a member, randomly selected, and vetted by the steering committee.
3) We hear from the 3 selected organizations. A presenter from each non-profit has ONLY 5 minutes to share with the membership what their organization will do with the donation if they are chosen. An additional 2 minutes can be used for questions and answers.
4) After hearing all three presentations, each member votes by secret ballot who they would like to donate to. Volunteers collect the ballots and whisk them away for counting.
5) Selected Charity Announcement. Everyone celebrates and cheers!
6) Meeting wrap up & cheque presentation.
7) Before you leave, ensure that the Steering Committee has all of your contact information accurate so you will receive your tax receipt (if applicable) in a timely fashion. If you have any questions to ask please take this time to do so. We are an open book. If you would like to volunteer at a meeting, become a sponsor or provide a door prize please send us a message or let us know at the meeting.
Have a question? Have you checked our FAQ Section? It has lots of great information
Don’t see the answer you’re looking for on the website? Please feel free to contact us.